Friday, October 31, 2008

Day Two at Home - Woo hoo


Hi all

Well was missing the blog updates so thought I would post how the girl and the rest of us are doing at home.

In Imogen's first night home there were a few night calls, just because she was not use to her surroundings. Yesterday Jason had the day off, to allow him to spend it with his beautiful girl.They walked Kody to school, and then took Molly to the park. When they got back home, we played some board games. Then out she went to ride around like a crazy nut on her little bike. It was like watching a puppy who has been locked away all day, and then when let out they what to look, try and discover everything all at once. Surprisingly after laying in the sun on the tramp, Immie fell asleep, and slept for three hours. Immie woke around school time, so after a quick sandpit play, it was a walk to pick Kods up and then on immie assistance a swing at the park. Home to rest just after 4pm, asleep by 5pm for the night. I went to watch "The Women" with Livi, Mum and my cousin Sharon, and Jason watched Immie and Kods.

Today we spent the morning getting ready to go to Kai's party (Immies friend from the hospital), a Halloween parity as he is born on Halloween. We had to try fit a ng feed of 200mls in before we went and Im's tummy is still not too happy. We arrived late, and Immie (and even me...) was very overwhelmed to discover it was not just Kai there, but heaps of people. We had explained to Imogen that it was a party with lots of people, though I am not sure she understood. She spent a lot of time cuddled on my knee, and sometimes ventured off to the cubby house. Then the food came out, she took a chip, tasted it and she then proceeded to chuck. After that she settled down, and had a little more play, then she came to me and told me she was ready to go as she was tired. After acquiring another few slabs of pediasure and bags for the ng tube, from Cherrie, we were then off.


I managed to put on a 200ml feed on the way home with no problems (I was very chuffed, as its been so hard trying to get Imogen's feeds to stay down). On the way home Immie did not stop yakking on, it was so refreshing as she has been very quiet this week.

After picking Kods up she quizzed him about every action on the DVD they were watching, I loved to listen to it. Then Jas arrived home and she ran outside to catch a ride down the drive way with her daddy. After Imogen cut a few flowers, it was time for baths and then falling asleep on the lounge.

Watching her at Kai's Party, today, was fun though tinged with sadness, as I watched the other beautiful girls and boys running around, with lovely long hair and not a care in the world. Just sometimes I question how could and why she has gone through all this pain in such a short life. Often when I go to sleep I dream of my beautiful 2 year old girl who had not a care in he life, besides which toy was her favourite for that day, and that cancer never existed in ours or any ones life's.

Love Fiona

P.S. We love being home and together....xxxx

0 comments: