Monday, October 13, 2008

Day Seven


Howdy All

Today began with a gorgeous big smile from our incredible Imogen. She did not want to watch tele (how boring), she wanted to craft like mad...and she did, cutting, sticking, threading and this was at 6.30am. I think what most don’t realise, that the job you have when you have a sick kid who is isolated for days on end, is the energy used trying to entertain them. Instead of them going off to play with their sibling, watch TV, jump on the tramp, be outside..you are their one source of entertainment from dawn to dusk. I have a blast spending a lot of time with my gorgeous girl, but boy is it exhausting entertaining and amusing a 4 year old, who is still fighting the effects of chemo, so is still up for a 2 hour marathon of paper chain making. Immie’s counts are still good, they have started to dip a little, her appetite is up the creek and she does get tired much easier (though not today!!!).
Tomorrow could be tricker, the nasal gastric tube will be reinserted, as her weight is waning and every time you mention a medicine she spews. Immie and me have had a few chats about it, and I have basically explained it, that if she wants to grow up like mummy she has to have it. Right now, she thinks being as big (I am thinking maybe tall as me lol) as me, would be fantastic (isn’t funny how when we are kids we want to grow up and when we are adults we want to be kids!!). Tomorrow will show how able she is to cope, there is sure to be tears..poor sod : ( . Anyway we spent today, crafting, playing music with Louise, playing with Kody the big brother and Granma, bathing, singing and enjoying time together.
I am so grateful for all this time I get to spend with my our beautiful girl and that mum was able to bring Kods in to see us today. I am also grateful to all the fabulous nurses, doctors; help staff and oncologists, we are so lucky to have our health care system.
Thanks for reading
Love Fiona aka The Holmes Gang xx

0 comments: