Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day Fifteen



Hi all

Last night I fell asleep leaning against the side rail of the hospital bed sitting on the floor waiting for Immie to pee…mmmmmm…anyone after a good nights sleep should try that, its actually like when you bring your new baby home from the hospital and you fall asleep feeding them and awake almost laying over them, or practically falling out of the rocking chair.
Immie's night was restless, (obviously) and I was so tired that I fell asleep between every half an hour to an hour wake up call…now that makes you feel like crap. Now that Immie has six (or seven as of tonight) pumps running it is a guarantee that one will run out oh…about every hour….blah!!!. Also Immie got her fiest back in the middle of the night instructing me which way she wanted to face on her potty when peeing and then was verbally bossy at everyone who dared open the door on the room the morning letting any light in (my lil vampire).


The morning was quiet, a few chucks then none till about 3pm. In the morning Livi came to sit with me, and bring me lunch. Then Jody popped in quickly. Mum came after lunch to entertain me again, and then tag time my fab hubbie turned up for his shift at the PMH resort. After letting Immie know all day that daddy was coming to watch her tonight, when I tried to depart I was faced with a emotional Immie telling me that she wanted me to stay and she would look after me..I bawled she bawled, and we all settled down, and Immie let me know that it was ok if I left now.


I went off to my learning English class, and then home to Butter Chicken (made by supa Livi) late tonight. I will be back at the resort early tomorrow morning as Jas has to get back to work, so looking forward to a sleep in my own bed.

Immie was very quite the afternoon, and seems a little bit more alert today. They still have her covered by all antibiotics, and the concoctions continue to be added, thank god, we a have capable nurses, docs and oncologists surrounding us. Immie began TPN the IV feed tonight to regulate all her missing salts/ minerals and give her nutrients (food), apparently 5 – 10 mls an hour for about 5 days is not cutting it, I know that would not work for me!!!.


Once again we just keep waiting for the stem cells to grow. I am finding it hard to focus on anything else happening out in the real world, I had not actually been outside for the last 2 half days till tonight. I am trying to be interested in whatever is happening with Kody at school or scouts though struggling. We are so very lucky we have our two saving angels, My mum and Livi, to prop up the missing parts in our life’s right now and support Kody (even if it is just reading mags with me, or running him to school and scouts). We feel very lucky.

Please let me know via email or by signing our guestbook located on the side bar if you are reading my blogs, it would mean a lot to know that I am not just babbling to myself and your voiced support helps us get through the day,

Thanks
Love Fiona
P.S please ignore any spelling mistakes half the time these blogs are written in broken spurts or on lil sleep ; P
Counts -
Neutrophilis - 0.02
Red Blood Cells - 99
Platelets - 40

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

following daily and sending you love and strength xox

Anonymous said...

oh come on now Fee... you are always babbling to yourself and mega & stem cell should be no different!!!!

Ha ha, I know that made you laugh even if no one else gets my humour...

You know that I know the road you are on and so desperate to get off :)

Love to you all, love us all crazy but loveable In-laws xxx