Friday, May 29, 2009

ooooo...I can see the end of the tunnel!!!


Hi Beautiful people


Well this week I have been a little in awe land.

The last week of contact hours with uni for semester one, I am feeling great (besides the little monkey giving me a stitch every time I try to walk to fast..yeap I now have the pregnancy waddle : ) , 22 weeks of pregnancy, Kody has his assembly for class and 1st trombone performance next Tuesday, I finally have an appt at King Eddies, Jason’s business is striving, Immie received the Pre Primary commendation award for the week today, my sister arrives tomorrow, I have a fantastic family...oh and just one little thing....
IMOGEN WILL FINISH ALL TREATMENT NEXT WEDNESDAY MORNING
and also our friend, Nicole who started treatment for leukaemia a week behind us 2 years and 4 months ago will finish her treatment this Sunday.
I can’t believe it, sometimes I think it has gone quick, then some days it has gone
painfully S-L-O-W. We are over the moon, Imogen has been so patient and so good for us and the hospital taking every tablet, enduring every procedure..needle, scan, med etc with a grin and a ferocious determination. We could not ask any more of her, we are so proud, so blessed and so very grateful. We all will never forget the battle and journey it has take for her to reach this stage again, and this time FOREVER!!. From a toddler, she has grown into a beautiful, gorgeous 5 year old.
Every day we experience special moments with Imogen, just the other day she had been drawing in her room and then bought me a piece of paper with love hearts drawn all over it. She said, “Hey Mum this is for you, this is how many love hearts I love you”. It took my breath away, my eyes were teary and once again I thanked the gods and angels for allowing my girl to stay here with us. It’s these small but precious moments that stay with us forever, always tucked away in our hearts and heads.
Thanks for your support, no matter how small or large it will never be forgotten,
Love, Hugs and Beautiful smiles
Fiona, Jason, Kody, Imogen and Piglet (lol)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news...
Wishing Immie much happiness and good health always
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all tomorrow. Very big day!! Have fun throwing away all those horrible medicines you have so bravely taken. I think of you guys often. Miss your smiley faces around, but so so glad you are at home enjoying everything that life has to offer!! Make sure you come and show off your baby brother when he's born! Jess Xx