Saturday, July 10, 2010

Celebrations


Hi all

I must confess this week has been one of my hardest to work through.
You see, it’s not only the everyday routine and quirks of Miss Immie I have missed, but it is the looming prospect of my first birthday without her.

My 2nd birthday (ok 32nd birthday, I told Immie last year that I turned 1 on my birthday and she bought it, whenever anyone would ask what my number was she would loudly announce that I was 1 : P), is tomorrow.

I have been getting asked by my family what I would like and what I want to do…every time this question brings a flood of tears. I just can’t believe I will be celebrating a birthday without Imogen hugs, kisses and a card with her little name written all by herself.
Presents, gifts and celebrations seem pointless without her, when all I want is her back. Something no one can give me, but a gift many would be desperate to give us back.
When I search my memory for my last birthday, I am torn by the difference of the two. Just last year, Imogen spent the day at a Camp Quality Fairies and Scaries party, with her CQ friends.

I spent the day with my lovely sister and then in the evening we all got together for dinner and cake. I am fortunate enough to have many photos of that evening.


Celebrations are always going to be incredibly hard without her by our side.

Though if I think (or dream) hard enough I can imagine her smile and delight, at sharing my birthday with me, giving me specially picked presents and a card. Imogen would have been so excited for me, busting to keep the secret of what her present was for me. I have to dream, it helps my heart a little.

Kody spent the first week of school holidays with his Nana and Pop, he had a great time. He came back loving and talking non stop. It was awfully quiet without him, but glad he was distracted from another first for us – first school holidays with no Immie.
Ashton and I spent the week keeping ourselves busy, visiting friends, my sister several times, Imogen daily, going to the gym and walking Molly.

Ashton is on the verge of finally getting the crawling thing; he has worked how to transfer from sitting to his belly. He is winning the Holmes’ family tooth competition with 7 teeth now (what’s family without a little health competition: )).
His cousin Sienna (a month or so older than him) has been crawling for ages, and is now standing, it is so cute. Last weekend they came to visit and Sienna would crawl away then look back at Ashton as if to say…” Are you coming?”, and then when he didn’t she would crawl back and look strangely at him. Sienna was absolutely delighted when she saw Ashton, biggest smiles and giggles, it was the cutest.
It was great to see our beautiful nieces and nephews and Jacinta and Colin. Our nephew Rhylee even managed to lose a tooth whilst here : ).

It’s great to have close family around.

Love the Holmes Gang, Forever Five Members


6 comments:

Kimmie said...

Happy birthday gorgeous~!
May the day bring you peace and sweet memories of your delightful and enchanting daughter.


Hugs

Kimmie
x

Unknown said...

Fee The firsts are always hard be it your first birthday Christmas or even next year when Immie would have been celebration her 7th birthday they will all be hard.
Love for you and I am sure you will have a little visit.

Unknown said...

Hey Birthday Girl, remember your philosophy about not worrying, cos it usually doesn't turn out that bad... Hope your birthday is a gr8 day for you, this year you can get birthday hugs from Ashton, as well as your other two special boys!! Miss Immie would want you to enjoy your day the best way you can for where you are now... Love from Kerry. xx

Millie said...

Happy Birthday Fee, thinking of you all and sending big hugs xx

The most amazing bright rainbow adorned the sky this morning - Immie smiling down on us all :O)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday
thinking of you all

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona, Wishing you a happy birthday. I know that your day will be a hard one to get through we are thinking of you today and that you will enjoy this day with your 3 beautiful boys. Love from Estelle and family xox