Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sailing...

December 2009


Just a quick update to tell you that we are all still here…

Immie has been much more peaceful over the weekend, not so grouchy at everyone and is still full of commands and desires. Mc Happy Cheeseburger – patty, sauce and cheese, everyday for lunch anyone..argh : /.


And so we bob along, in these uncharted and scary waters. The longer it continues on the seed of doubt grows, the what if or could of’s…my heart and brain are at battles..trying to make any possible sense about why Imogen got diagnosed with this horrible disease then ended up in this sad place. Whilst my brain clearly knows there is no rhythm or reason, my heart aches to keep her here with us for just one more moment filled to the bream with the old Immie. It’s part of the process, all in the grieving I am told…but geez it does not make it any easier to comprehend.


Kody’s back to school today, he complained the morning because he knew everyone would be saying they are sorry. I told him to tell them not be sorry for him but for the starving children in Africa…he’s 11 years old, he does not want the pity or the sadness he just wants to a normal kid with an annoying health sister. When Kody returned home I asked him how he’s day was, he replied “Predictable…but it was also good because I got out of lots of school work”

That’s my boy…so proud of him : P.


We had more visitors today Suzanne the liaison officer and Immie’s oncologist Dr Phillips from PMH. It was nice to see them, Imogen told Dr Philips that she did not like doctors and did not want to see her..

That’s my girl…so proud of her : P (charming little princess she is NOT!!).


Though I can understand her frustration, why would she want to see them?, all they do is give her medicine that makes her feel crappy, give her needles and they have not made her better regardless of everything she put up with. Imogen is one smart cookie, you always know where you stand with her..no lies just straight up truths you better be ready to cop it regardless of your title.


Well off to pour myself a drink, and enjoy one of the fabulous meals generously given to us,


Cheers

Sweet Dreams to all


Love The Holmes Gang – Fiona, Jason, Kody, Imogen and Ashton


P.S. 6 sleeps till Imogen officially celebrates her 6th birthday : ))



6 comments:

Millie said...

Good Morning Immie and the Holmes Family,

Immie, I like your style young lady, it's always best to tell it how it is :O) No pussyfooting around.

McHappy burgers hmmm, they aren't my favourite but I'm glad you are enjoying them.

Thinking of you all, sending much love.

Millie xx

Wisniewski said...

This sounds so familiar =(

Love you all and we are so proud of Kody & Immie too, they are being their usual amazing selves.

Huge loves and huggles to all of you.

Hannah.

~ Mands! (on-a-mission) ;o) said...

Wishing love & sparkles

Lots of squishy hugs
Holding you all in my thoughts, prayers and energy ~ sending love.

Anonymous said...

Your beloved Immie and your family are constantly in our thoughts. Nothing can take the pain of seeing someone you love suffer, but my family and I are completely sure that if Immie had to chose any family to spend her beautiful life with, it'd be yours.
I'm only a teenager, so I apologise if I am at all ignorant, I just felt like sharing our devastation for this disgusting disease. I often find myself thinking about your family at school (probably not the best idea for someone doing the HSC) and I just cannot comprehend how you and your family manage to put a smile on your face everyday :D

All the best wishes in the world, from our hearts are with you, the Holmes family; a family in which I cannot articulate the amount of inspiration that oozes from each day you lead.

With Love,

Laura, Emma (older sister)& Erika (Mum)

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all

much love

Big Sharon said...

i know! Imogen you were supposed to be born on MY birthday 29th! But you had to be an individual... i wouldnt have you any other way xxx love you my girl x