Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blessings

One of Imogen's many drawings
20th of March 2010


Imogen still continues to amaze us.
In her moments of awakenings her lists for food, well and truly exceed her appetite. Last night, I made another birthday meal for her (she claims she never got one though we already had pizza but order of the princess the other night ; ), she wanted mash potato, rice, chicken, a boiled egg and soldiers (toast). I think she ate two soldiers, but who am I too deny the bravest girl I know her wish.

Yesterday we trekked off to my mum's place, as very excitedly after almost 6 months the pool yard paving has begun. Firstly I must say a huge thank you to Darren and his crew, for generously donating their time and talented paving skills. Then to our friends and family who helped move pavers and cater for the hungry crew. The pool yard now looks awesome all that is left is some cutting along the wall of lurve.

It was a mission moving Imogen, but I knew she would have been freaking out about all the noise and commotion. She has become very sensitive to the slightest change in noise and certain noises. All we wanted to do is get the paving done, so we can spend just one day in the completed pool yard with her. I am hoping Imogen may want to lie on the hammock and watch the pool yard world go by for a little while. The possibly of us having that memory is enough for me.

With that in mind I spent the time last night whilst she slept, constructing our new outdoor setting, it is partially done with only one major screw missing. Apparently putting the chair together on the lawn is not a good idea, when its of a similar coloured (dying grass colour : P) back ground to the screws and bolts involved.
We wait to see how she wakes the morning to see if we can catch a moment of her in the pool yard.

Kody came home yesterday, with only a few bruises and scratches. He came off second best with the velcro wall. He had the best time. They spent the week bush bike riding, orientating (has the blisters to prove it), ten pin bowling, jumping off and on velcro walls (obviously) and being involved in lots of other things. Though most importantly they spent the week just having fun and laughing : ). Thanks Camp Quality.

Ashton has been having a few "firsts" sleepovers at Granma's and Granpa's. They have adored having him and he just adores them. That has really helped ease some of the pressure on Jason and me. As Immie now is really like a second baby, though is able to tell us what is wrong with words (sometimes).

Well we sign off still walking the tightrope in limbo land, its painful, sad and terrifying. As we know there is nothing we can do to help our Immie, but send her wishes for a safe journey surrounded by love and prepare her food requests : ).

Thank you to all who made comments on my last post, have emailed us, left messages in the guest book and to those who simply send our girl and us thoughts, healings, prayers anonymously. We are honoured that our girl has left a mark on so many people’s lives, please never forget our brave inspirational little girl.

With Love and Hope
The Holmes Gang


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much love to your family, especially beautiful Immie. I think of her everyday and wish her peace. I hope she gets her pool day soon :)
~Jarrah~

Millie said...

Thank you Immie and Holmes Family for all the lessons you have taught me about courage, love, perseverence and never giving up.

Immie you will always be in my heart.

Millie xx

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all you hope for and more. With much love to bave Immie and her brave family

Anonymous said...

I too hope that Immie can get some joy from the pool yard :)))

Camp Quality are awesome, good to read Kody had fun :)

Thinking of you all, endlessly xxx

Tash

Unknown said...

hope you get to have a lovely day by the pool filled with some wonderful memories you can look back on ♥

Nicole said...

I don't know where you get the strength to write your blog as it has me in tears every time I read it, thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Know that I'm thinking of you all everyday and that many prayers are going out for Immie and you all.

Anonymous said...

Fiona, Imogen won't be forgotten. As always, she is in my prayers.
Renee (from Simple Savings)

Emma. said...

Rest assured, Fee - Immie's story will be with me always and I will never forget her, ever. :-)

Much love, hugs and support -



Emma.

Sheree said...

Nice, great to see camp quality helping out with Kody, no doubt its just what he needs to help keep him occupied. Let's hope Immie can get a bit of enjoyment out of the pool yard also...thinking of you all xxxx

Colleen said...

Hope Immie enjoyed this beautiful weather in the pool yard today.

Fiona, you are the most gracious creature I've ever known, you write this blog so perfectly and show so many of your beautiful virtues.

Glad Kody got to enjoy camp, Kaity was booked to go but.. eh long story, and she didn't attend.

Hope tonight you are all tired from a big day together full of many smiles.

Unknown said...

Dear Miss Immie, you like the same food we do, especially toast soldiers in runny egg - YUMMO! Hope you enjoy your finished pool yard, too cold for swimming tho. Hope you are not feeling pain, and have lots of happy dreams when you are sleeping. Rest easy, Princess. Always thinking of you, love from Kerry xx.

The Light Family said...

Dearest Fiona,

I'm really hoping and praying that your beautiful Immie can rest on the hammock.

You are an amazing mum, and I can't help but cry every day now, when I think of what you (Jas and family) are going through. I'm so sorry and sincerely wish that things could be different, as we all do.

Darling Immie has touched my heart and I will continue to pray and wish every day, that she is as comfortable as possible.

Take care love, all of you, and I will visit here again tomorrow.
Lyndall xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

lal said...

To the little Angle , this is lal i heard about your brave fight to day from a mum who was on my ward, so sorry to hear about this big smiling face , you have put a big fight and your mum n dad also as it is not easy to she your love one faiding away , with all the love you have around you leave with a big smile as i know the best Angle will be at your side . Mum n Dad my heart is bleeding for you wish i could make it go away . I still have her pic on my frig she made for me.My God it is heart breaking , i am thinking of you all. Love Lal

lal said...

My heart is breaking for you all . I was told today by a mum that came to my ward 5c . I am so so sorry for your heart ack, i could not hold back the tears for your little girl. I have her picture that she made for me about 3 years ago.You all have been so strong great that you have this sight. guess it will be helping you in some little way to let your feelings out.Tell her for me that i have asked for the best Angle to come and get her , and my mum will be waitng for you little angle , Mum will put her under her wings and forever be safe. Love Lal

Unknown said...

Another day in limbo land,hope Immie is doing okay & your people are still able to help you to cope with all this. So glad Kody enjoyed his camp, and another week of hols to veg about-YAY. Sending love & good wishes for strength to get thru the days ahead. Kerry xx

Estelle said...

Jason and Fiona your strength,love,courage,endurance is an awesome testimony and encouragement to others.Imogen you are a very special little girl and you are in our thoughts and prayers.
x Estelle X

Deqlan said...

Hello Immie and Holmes Gang prayers and love streaming to you all from South Africa and hoping Immie will love her pool day! Lots of love God Bless Mark Samm Deqlan Logan

Nicky said...

Just popping in to say that you are all in my thoughts.
Thinking of you and send my love