Thursday, August 23, 2007

Home - HURRAY!!


Where home again - hurray!!!
Immie and Granma getting breakie ready


There is that beautiful smile
Email recorded on the 12th of June 2007

I think today...i was finally running on my last piece of energy...We had been waiting in hospital till Immies counts came up, but we really had been waiting around to have our GFR (kidney test) with the original drip that got installed last Thursday. Anyway half way through the GFR the drip gave up the ghost and the whole GFR was a failure, because you have to take blood every hour for 3 hours then twice in the last hour and everything has to be on time...and we were never going to get a drip in time..so argh another frustrating time.

We also found out that Immies op, now depends on her counts (as her platelets are low) and it can't be just any day as the surgeon only works friday. The communication at the hospital this week has been hopeless, it so frustrating to be waiting and guessing what doctors, oncologists and nurses are thinking. Its almost like when u get diagnosed u should get this new part of the brain that knows every thing about cancer and it is expected that u do!!.

I had a discussion with Imogen's oncologist today, that made me feel like the idiot and ended in me crying. Least we got one thing done today the echo (the cardio) test, who knows when we will find the results from that..a month...a week...you just never know.

We still have the CAT scan on Thursday and a Full Blood Count and another audio test ( I hope to get this cancelled as she will not be on the ball after a General Anesthetic). At first I was concerned and worried that the op would not be for another coupla weeks. I now think it will be good for Immie to have a break before the op, just not to big a break!!. She will definitely be more ready and repaired (fatten up etc..) if it is in another week or two.

Anyway keep sending yr positive thoughts and prayers as sometimes I feel like they are the only things propping me up....

I have been trying to write the things I am grateful for and to look on the positive side of life..heres a few...
- for my beautiful husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( jason add that!!!!! - heheh);
- for my super children, both so strong , loving and caring;
- my family - supporting and surrounding me with their love;
- for living in Australia, with health care for our children under public cover;
- for Imogen smiling hugely at me to stop me from crying;
- Being alive and able to enjoy my life, even my dishes and washing and the space - you definately take for grated your space at home until u r isolated in hospital.

Lots of Love to all
Fiona and The holmes gang xx
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: