Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Just Amazing...

On Friday we celebrated a momentous birthday Kody’s 13th Birthday.

The beginning of the teen years!!!!. I can hardly believe the boy/man in front of me, is the little baby I bought home from the hospital thirteen years ago.

Kody has grown into the most amazing, caring, thoughtful, talented, grounded kid.

He always amazes us with his fast cheeky wit and the way he is able to express his individuality without fear. As most of you know Kody has had a lot happen in his 13 years. More than some of us adults have experienced, but he seems to have been able to adjust his life perspective to include these challenges. I think of myself as a thirteen year old, I was so very fortune to be naive and have not experienced any tragedy. It is inspiring to see how Kody has coped and handled this all at such a young age. Of course I wish Kody could be as naïve as I was at 13.

We look forward to seeing what the future years hold for Kody and his relationship with us. If we think he is amazing now, imagine his future self!!.

Yes I know the teenager years will be rocky, I think it’s better to assume this then stick your head in the sand. Who can’t say they weren’t an ogre at one point (or more) in their teen years!!!.

Anyway Kody had a great day, first time in his schooling years he had to go to school on his birthday!!!. All his present list was ticked, best present the highly requested purple high tops see below.

We went out to dinner and I bought a surprise cake for my baby boy Kody.

We all had a great day, how could we not surrounded by all we love?

Love you Kody,

Happy 13th Birthday mate,

We are all so proud of you xx

P.S. I said to Kody that he has finally reached Imogen’s age of 13 (Imogen decided she wanted to have her 13th birthday instead on her 6th birthday her last one, she wanted to be a few years up on Kods). Kody informed me no she is now 14, always one up on her big brother.

It wouldn’t be a family event without a Imogen moment, in the midst of Kody opening his presents the flutterby fairy toy I gave Imogen for her 6th (13th) birthday which has sat silent on the top of my cupboard for almost a year, decided to talk “I’m a flutterby fairy”...

Hello angel girl, we know your with us always x

Love always

Fiona

And The Holmes Gang %%


3 comments:

Helen Cocks said...

Gorgeous blog page for a gorgeous family xxx

Sharonvb said...

Hi Holmes gang.. I love the new look it is amazing. Happy Birthday boys.. Codi wow.. 13.. I have a big teenage boy who lights up my world... enjoy him being your big boy!!
Your blog always makes me smile and cry.. thank you for sharing with us
Love and hugs to you all xoxoxo

Millie said...

Happy Birthday Kody and yes she will always be around you Fee. You will miss her until the day you go to be with her. Big Hugs Millie xx ps I think of you all often in the madness of my life xx