Thursday, October 27, 2011

Imogen's Angels

Hi Beautiful People

I have wanted to do something to remember our angel girl Imogen for quite some time now.

Now I am not the sort of person to jump out of a plane to raise awareness to kid’s cancer. I totally take my hat off to everyone who has the stomach to do that YOU ROCK!!!.

My talent involves pretty much what my angel girl loved to do…….craft, on any level. I remember at one stage Imogen went through a ‘craft’ that most would not consider craft but she loved it and she made it into many shapes. It was sticky tape wrapping or medical tape wrapping (care of PMH’s medical tape supply, thanks for that!!).

Anyway, so I knew my way of giving back and remembering our girl laid in the land of craft.

Just last weekend I released into the world, my small venture

Imogen’s Angels

For many years I have received personalised polymer clay Christmas family ornaments from our friend Karen. One year I even got her to order one of Imogen and Milly (her cat). This year when I went to place my order to America for our 2011 variety. I thought why am I buying these when I could make them.

This began the thought process and beginnings of

Imogen’s Angels.

On Sunday last week I set up our facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Imogens-Angels/191413810935653

as well as my selling place on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120798434141&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

My idea behind this new venture is simply to get as many Imogens Angels and Little People out there spreading the word about our Imogen’s courageous battle.

I will be making a ‘ end of season’ donation from my profits to one or more of the many worthy kids cancer charities.

Though I do not want to use this as the main reason for why I am selling the angels or for why people want to purchase my angels. Hence I won’t be meintioning any charities on my facebook page.

My number one concern is awareness, because without it Kids cancer will never have the voice for the medical research it needs.

So I am starting little, hoping that my little business idea can have a huge impact on everyone’s awareness on all childhood cancers.

Right now I am happy to craft, model little people and see were it takes me.

This quote sums it all up for me right now

We can do no great things,

Only small things with great love.

~Mother Teresa

This is how much love I feel for my small dream right now,

Much Love

Fiona

And The Holmes Gang %%


3 comments:

Ragdoll said...

Well I have been around the world in 80 days trying to post this and now I have a name change Anne / Ragdoll but I am sure that makes no difference to what I say.
Kody looks angelic.Hope that you make a lot of $$$$ doing this.
Imogen will be saying this would look great with that.
So for three tries I will see if I have marstered it

Millie said...

Love the Angels, Fee - great idea to raise money but also get the word out there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona. I have not been on your page for a while now and just saw your beautiful angels. How can I purchase them? I went onto the link for the e-bay page but it said that the listing had finished. I would love to buy 2 angels for my daughters.I hope that you and your beautiful family are doing ok. You are often in my thoughts.
With love and best wishes
Gina Whittome.