Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Master Ashton


Well this time last year I had begun labour to bring to the world the most beautiful boy. At 8.29 am, Ashton Noah Holmes, was finally here with us forever more. Ashton has given us all so much joy; to us he has been our glue.


We are so grateful for the time he was given with big sister Miss Immie, and never will forget the first time she saw her “He’s so cute” brother and her very funny, head shaking chants to him, making him giggle. That sibling love can never be broken, as she continues to whisper sweet nothings to him and make him giggle at what to us appears a blank space. Kody and Ashton also have a gorgeous relationship, Kody is besotted with Ashton, and Ashton is besotted with Kody. Kody is forever telling Ashton how much he loves him, and to that Ashton plants either a big slobbery kiss on him or gives him one of the stunning smiles.


Ashton is our full of life, on the go, little boy. He is far more mobile and adventurous then my other two kids who did not really move till 14 months.

He has mastered opening sliding doors and taking himself down the back yard to play ball with Molly our dog (yes I think I lost another 10 years off my life when I could not find him), climbing up and down stairs in his style, opening cabinets, drawer and his all time favourite doors!!!, standing in his cot, chasing the cat to just give him one little hug (honest!!!), Saying uh oh, fake laughing (lol), giving the best snuggles, bopping to music and millions of other beautiful things. Ashton loves DOORS, cars, animals, balls and us (how could he not!!!).


I love him, he gives me so much reason to get up in the morning, where with Kody I could have flopped back into bed as soon as he went to school I can’t do that will the full of life Ashton. There is too much to see, and he needs to show his mummy everything.


We love you always Ashton, you are everything to all of us, your giggles and smiles are contagious, Happy Birthday to our big One year Old,


Lots of Love

Mum, Dad, Imogen and Kody

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Immies comment "He’s so cute" and he is.
Glad you have this little person in your life to give you that reason to keep going when some days must be just unbearable.

Kimmie said...

Snuggles and huggles to one sweet boy on his 1st Birthday!!

Millie said...

Happy Birthday Ashton. You look more and more like Immie every day.

Enjoy seeing life through his eyes Fee, lots of wondrous things to explore and do...hehe.

Big hugs to you all

Millie xx

Julie said...

What a completely gorgeous little boy Ashton is, and the older he gets the more you can see Imogen in his face and in his smile. I hope he -and all of you- have a wonderful day celebrating his birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st birthday to your little man, Imogen was indeed right, he is "so cute"

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday to the handsome Ashton!!
Much Love The French Family

Noelene Tate said...

Karli tells me Ashton is just ADORABLE, and he looks it. After the hectic year you've had and all the extra activities achieved with darling Immie, how could your little man be anything else but FULL ON. I used to get breathless just reading your blog Fiona.
Happy first birthday to you all: I know Imogen, with her angel wings, would have been singing the loudest.
Hopefully we'll meet up soon so I can give Ashton the same cuddle I give my Ollie. xo

Julie said...

I saw a little Smartcar the other day and it was painted just like a ladybird. I thought of your Imogen -she would have loved it.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ASHTON
my DD turned one in august and also loves playing ball with our "molly" dog.she also loves sliding doors and now climbing up on the lounge.
I know how you feel with not being able to sleep in or relax.lol

I am sure Imogen is whispering sweet nothings in his ear :)
And everyones ear that will listen!

So glad the two boys are like best mates,you have done a wonderful job Fee.

thinking of you and your family.
Love your blogs!
Jaye SS (qld)

Unknown said...

He is such a munchkin! Apparently babies and children are more open to the presence of people who have left us, so I'm sure she's still with him telling him how cute he is!

LOVE!!