Friday, October 08, 2010

Mad September : )

Well my simple savings internet friends kindly tapped me on the shoulder and asked how everything was going. I thought that owed an update, as it brings us much comfort to know we are still thought of 5 months after Immies passing.

For the moment, our grief is just running slowly beside us like a quiet stream. Of course there are times that set us all off, but thankfully we have been able to enjoy a lot of happy moments as well.

Jason, Kody and Me on Kody's 12th birthday

We recently celebrated Kody’s 12th Birthday. Jason always teases me every year, because every year I say “I can’t believe they are….2…4…. 6… 10… 12”. Birthdays as they (and you) get older seem to fly pass quicker and quicker each year. Anyway Kods had a quiet birthday, at home with Ash and me. We went and visited Miss Immie and then had sausage pizzas and sundaes with my mum, dad and sister for dinner. On Saturday, he went go karting with Jason, my sister Olivia and his two mates Reece and Chris. They all came back with huge grins plaster across there faces.

Crash Test Dummy Kody

Kody is an incredible son and brother, there are times when I am feeling low and he manages to cheer me up. At times I wonder who the parent is and who the child in our relationship. He has had to deal with so much in his 12 years, but he takes it in his stride and constantly tries to do his best. Kody will sit there for ages and tell me stories about his little sister; I sit there in awe listening to his precious memories. He is devoted to Ashton, always giving him love and hugs. I am very grateful for my two sons, who shower me with love and drag me out of my funk when I am down.

Our two boys

Ashton is all of ours gift from Miss Immie, without him I shudder to think how much harder life would have been in the last five months. He is the constant entertainer, into mischief, pushing, chatting, giggling, laughing, crying, yelling. Full of life, he never misses a beat. He keeps all three of us on our toes.

Ashton blowing out his candles at his first birthday

We have recently been renovating the backyard, replacing lawn as the other was full of nasty prickles, and allocating more space to vegetable patches. Jason and I can both feel Immie out there with us, digging with her little shovel, begging till she got a ride on the bobcat, laughing, bossing the Molly Dog around. As we have been renovating we have had many ladybirds and butterflies visiting us, a visual sign, we take she is with us.

Off to move some more dirt whilst the littlest destroyer boy sleeps, lawn arrives tomorrow, can’t wait no more grey dirt everywhere. Can’t believe it will be almost a year since Immie got her dream – her own pool. Jason has done an awesome job completing the last bits and pieces, paving, sealing, chair placement, cleaning..Check out the mostly completed pool and yard. I can see her jumping and swimming in it everyday xx

Can't you see her!!!!

Love and Hugs

Fiona and the Gang

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona, Thanks so much for updating your blog, I often wonder how you are all going, and logged on tonight and you had just posted an update today.

My youngest DD is about the same age as Ashton (her 1st birthday is today) and I have followed your amazing journey with Miss Immie with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart. I am so glad to hear that Ashton and Kody are going well, and that they are helping you to get up in the morning and take that deep breath and start the day.
Take care,
Kerry

Unknown said...

Great that Kody had some fun with the go karting he sure would have a huge smile on his dial.
Destroyer ? yes they can be that but they can also bring us so much joy as my grandson does.
Take care and hugs

~ Mands! (on-a-mission) ;o) said...

Boy those boys are growing so fast ~ just had my number one turn 20 and I STILL see him as the under10 he'll not be again. *grins* Does that mean we get older too?? Surely not! I'm 21 with a 20yr old son!

Thinking after you all often.
Much love

Anonymous said...

Hi Fee and Family,
Thank you for the update :) I love reading how you all are going.
Kody looked like he had a ball on his 12th birthday go karting!
What a beautiful pic of him with Ashton,he absolutely adores him.
And what a lovely natured boy,no wonder you are proud of him.
I say the same about birthdays each year that i cant believe how quick the years go.
had to laugh at you going to out to the yard to do more work while Ashton was asleep,that is what i try and do too.
The pool area looks simply stunning,and yes i can just see Immie splashing about and also making cheeky demands to you :)
thanks again for you update,hope the backyard is finished soon and prickle free!
xxJaye (qld)SS

Jo said...

Hello Fiona, Thanks for the update on the family. I check here quite often to see how you are going. Good to see that Kody and Ashton had great birthdays. Loving the work around the pool too.

Keep well.

Joanne.
xx

Millie said...

Yes Fee, I can see her with the biggest grin on her face, the finished product would make her so happy and proud. I hope you all get much enjoyment from Immie's pool area.

Think of you often, Miss Lucinda Ladybug travelled with me to Japan and I thought of Immie often as we saw amazing parts of the world.

Millie xx

Unknown said...

I can see ALL of you enjoying that pool this Summer (you need a potplant or something... :))Congrats to Kody for 12 & Ashton for 1, glad you have had some happy times lately. Bless you & love from Kerry xx