Saturday, September 05, 2009

Why?

What a horrible, gut retching world we live in a times..simple joy can be erased so quickly. We are devastated, crushed and gutted.

I am not sure how much I will be able to type on our normally happy blog page, as I sit here with tears running down my face. For those who are not aware, but are still our avid and fantastic supporters..on Wednesday our amazing, smiley and incredible girl Imogen received the most hardest of blows. She has again been challenged by the bastard of a cancer neuroblastoma, that has already stolen over half of her life.

We received this devastating news at her scan results meeting on Wednesday morning, we were shocked...and still are. The cancer has moved so fast, when scanned only just over 2 months ago, there was no visibility of this new spot. It is now trying it's hardest to beat Imogen down, it's a constant tug of war. It is pushing on her spinal cord, which links to the pain I mentioned when last I posted, and is far to close to her bladder and bowel.

Imogen began emergency radiation yesterday, now covering her whole mid section. She will have 5 sessions, which only take 10 minutes at a time and are not painful to her. This will bring her some relief, but will not completely erase the cancer. We meet with Immie's oncologist on Monday afternoon to discuss options. We will also meet with our fabulous Mr Renier (bio chemist/ naturopath) to discuss alternative treatments. Until then we are not sure what will happen, we remain not defeated, though we are aware that we will have to make some very tough decisions. Ensuring we consider Imogen's quality of life and that she has battling this horrible disease for now over half of her life.

Immie loves nothing better than being with her family, fishing, scootering, recently discovering she can click her fingers (now only mummy and the baby can't : ), school, being chased down the street by her crazy daddy when we are leaving in the car and being in the thick of everything and anything happening. How can we be without this girl, who has taught us and given so much??

I, especially am finding it incredibly hard to talk to anyone right now, so please do not be offended or even concerned if I do not return calls or seem stand offish. I am trying to conserve all of my energy for Imogen, Kody, Jason and our " almost" newest Holmes addition. Though on the other hand please don't avoid us, keep sending emails, texts, leaving messages on the blog etc, without your support, prayers and love we would have never got this far and will never be able to continue putting one foot in front of the other everyday.

Love
Us

P.S For all concerned, Baby and me went to the hospital to be checked out, the little cheeky monkey spent the whole time kicking me and trying to kick the heart rate monitor off my stomach. We are both well.

17 comments:

Kimmie said...

Fiona I am sitting here crying big sploshy tears and I am feeling heartbroken for Immie, yourself and your family. I have no "right" words to convey and all I can think to say is..IT'S NOT RUDDY FAIR and WHY? Why must one little girl and her family suffer so terribly.

Will hold you all in my heart and send massive healing requests out to the universe. If there is anything at all you need. Please sing out.


Much love always

Kimmie and family.
xxxxx

Colleen - Kaitlyn's mum said...

Fiona,

I didn't realise you were seeing Lee Renier?!?! Fantastic! He is awesome.

Thinking of you lots, my love to you always.
Colleen

Anonymous said...

I often have a thought for your gorgeous Immie and much hope that she comes out of all of this in a good way.

Cherie said...

Fi, I tied to leave this on facebook but it wouldnt let me msg you for some reason.
I can not begin to imagine the pain you are all going through after this latest blow.
All I can do is send you lots of love, hugs and positive thoughts for you, your family and my favourite little smiling ladybug fairy.
Cherie
(CQ)
xx

~ Mands! (on-a-mission) ;o) said...

Fiona ~ I hope you can take a little strength and comfort knowing we are here, sending the strongest of healing wishes to Immy. No doubt you have prayed for that magic wand to swish this all away ~ if only.

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly" ~ Lanston Hughes

With much love, hope and positivity

~Mands!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Fiona and family,
Although we haven't met, I'm a facebook friend of Colleen Sleer's, who was asking for us all to pray for your beautiful little Imogen. I wanted to write and tell you that I am so very sorry for what you are all going through. God, life must be unbearable right now.
I too, have a little boy who actually turns 5 next month, he is battling through chemo now, for tumors in his stomach.
I'm also a nurse at "the resort" our PMH, so we may have crossed each others paths from time to time.

I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband, son, family, friends and especially your darling Imogen. Life is so damn unfair, and that bastard cruel wicked disease seems to strike the most beautiful people.

Some people tell you to be brave, and as much as I respect them, it seems in times like this, it is too damn hard to be brave. Just know that I WILL be praying for you and wish you lots of strength to get through this tough battle.

I work day shift on Monday/Wednesday's, so if ever we do cross paths, don't be surprised if I see you and come over and wrap my arms around you. You need all the hugs you can get, and being a nurse and mum to 3 sick children, I give them freely!

Good luck love, will keep watch on Colleen's post and check on your blog from time to time for updates, if that's ok?

You are always welcome to look me up on facebook, if you wish to.

Take care,

Lyndall Light xxxx

Anonymous said...

A huge Immie supporter here, even though I haven't met any of you.

I'm so very sorry to hear your news. Sending lots of positive thoughts and love to you all, especially the most beautiful Immie.

Anonymous said...

Fiona, I've never met you but am a member of EB and someone left a post asking for thoughts and prayers for Immie

I just wanted to leave you a message to say You and your family are in my thoughts, sending Immie many healing vibes

Samantha Brown said...

Fiona i've just sat and read the blog and now i too am crying. It's just not right or fair, i can't imagine what you guys are going through and i know how lucky i am that i don't have to. When i first got your txt i came straight home and hugged Dhani so hard he wondered what was going on. i just want you to know i've got everyone praying as hard as they can we've got everything crossed. Lots of love Sam x x x x x x x x x x x x

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to send huge anmounts of love and strength your way. My fa mily has been touched so much by that bastard cabncer too, and I am fighting it atm, but a child, that always brings tears to my eyes. Children are the most precious things I have, and the only worry I have with my cancer is that I can be here for them. Plese be assured she will be in my prayers.Love...an dhugs

Anonymous said...

Big hugs and kisses to Immie,FIona and Family.

Here's wishing for a very successful Radiotherapy session to belt the cancer into submission once again.

Having Had Glidal Blastoma's in the family I feel for you and have an understanding of the nasties you face.

Love to you all

Craig and Family

Anonymous said...

Fiona,
We have never met, but I read your blog regularly and I'm a member on SS. I think about you and your little Immie a lot and was so happy when everything was going so well for you. I was devastated when I heard from Mrs Bug that Immie was unwell again.
I really don't know what to say, but just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you all and will keep you in my prayers.
God bless
Rosemary
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know you are all in our prayers. It isn't fair, we dont' have the answers, but you have done this before and together we will all help you through this again.
Look for the sunshine - it's in Immie's smile.
Sue

Michelle Flavel said...

Dear Fiona

It's been so long since I have seen you and I'm glad you have been blessed with a beautiful family, the photos are gorgious.

But so I am saddened for Immie, yourself and the family with this heart breaking news.
Mum just emailed me the link and I will keep track and will as I have in the past think of you in this time of need. Sending you all warm and positive thoughts and wishes.
Lots of love and hugs
Your little cousin Michelle xx

Roebucks said...

Oh Fiona, my heart breaks for you, your gorgeous little girl, Jason, Kody & Baby Bean. I am off to kneel in Oliver's play room and look out to the night sky and pray for Imogen, she is on our fridge to pray for too.

I am unsure whether to tell you this but I know that you would want us to. Oliver received the all clear on Friday. So with our good news, comes your heartbreaking one. I will be praying for you & Jason for strength, wisdom and for continuing good family times. Whenever I read your blog I think wow, this family has so much fun together, which is so amazing despite all your difficulties and heartache.

With lots of love, hugs & kisses

Simon, Karli & Oliver

Sharyn said...

I know what you all are feeling right now is helplessness and heartache, and everyones well wishes and prayers, although comforting and well meaning, doesn't answer the question you want to know... Why our little one? Know That my family and I are thinking of you to and hope the bright sparky little girl Dakota and I know and love can once again beat this monster. Love to all Sharyn

pat said...

Thank you for bringing your little princess to visit today, she touched the hearts of us all. Tracey just couldnt stop talking of dear Immie. My heart goes out to you and your family, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Pat