Saturday, September 19, 2009

All in an average week???

Just one normal day??
As most of you know, the last three – four weeks for the Holmes Gang have been a little like a rollercoaster – filled with mixed emotions. Devastation over Immie’s relapse – incredible joy on the safe arrival of Ashton.

This week – Ashton’s first week on the planet has not been has simple or relaxed as we all hoped. The week began with rushing around picking up laybys as Ashton arrived two weeks early and my head has really not been on the arrival recently... especially not a early arrival of our beautiful boy. My fabulous mum drove Ashton and myself around collecting the shopping. Visits from Nana and Pop (Jason’s parents) on Monday.
Tuesday involved Ashton’s needles and a hospital visit, where I sat with a huge smile on my face as I was at the antenatal clinic with a baby, while all the other pregnant mums glared at me : ). Wednesday morning was the quiet before the storm...At lunchtime Immie had developed a huge head ache, though after some pain relief stayed at school. Then the homecare nurse arrived, and suggested that Ashton – my yellow bean may need a heel prick to check his jaundice. Off to Osborne Park Hospital for a 2 hour wait...he was borderline with his jaundice.

Home again...to a Immie now screaming in high pitch pain.....very scary!!..By 9.30 pm that night I was on the phone to the resort, after a restless night we arrived at the resort at 8.30am. Immie was continuing to scream, even with every pain relief on board. CAT scan – all clear (thank god). Snot test came back with a respiratory virus, treatment - ride it out. Immie and Jason, stayed at the resort to manage her pain. Ashton (who had been very good and very cute for all at the resort) and myself headed home. Back to the resort first thing in the morning, to send Jason off to get some money : ). Immie had too much relief a better night. Home we came at about 11 am, thanks to chauffeur mum.

Returned to Osborne Park Hospital (maternity hospital) to get Ashton’s jaundice checked. Only to discover it was way to high still...you guessed it checked into Osborne Park Hospital at 5 pm, for up to two days under the UV lighting with mummy the milk train for company : P.

So this is where we sit with no mobile coverage, but plenty of broadband coverage- hurray!!

My hope for next week is a very boring week, or even a day would be great. It’s the week before school holidays, so some order would be nice.
I have to say a HUGE thank you to my mum for being a huge help this and every week, day, minute, second and to dad for keeping her in the life she accustomed too : P.
Also thank you to the many many supportive blog comments, emails and guestbook writings. All of them bring us much hope for a miracle for our beautiful girl Immie and the day everything will be “normal” again. Please keep them coming.
Love

Fiona, Jason, Kody, Imogen and Ashton.


P.S Immies pool order is in, Make a Wish is unable to help us due to time restrictions, though very generously the Kids Cancer Support Group and the trekkers have offered to help us make Immies dream come true. More news soon xx

7 comments:

Kimmie said...

Oh my goodness Fiona what a hectic week you have had, I am exhausted just reading your post lol.

I hope you find time to catch your breath in coming weeks and spoil yourself a little. You have just done such a big job delivering a beautiful new bubba!

Hugs

Kimmie
x

Noelene Tate said...

What a rollercoaster ride!! Hope this week is more settled for you all. Take care.
Noelene xo

Rochelle said...

Hello's, huge hugs, even huger congratulations on the birth of gorgeous master Ashton... welcome to the world little man!

I heard your crappy news today too :( I'm so sorry to hear. I know miss never say no will keep fighting yet.

My little miss also arrived early (17 days) on 6/9/09 @ 1159am Miss Tileah Levinia (Tillie) joined us weighing in at 2450g (5lb4) 46cm long & 35cm HC... I developed pre-eclampsia & she was forced out early!

Thinking of you guys

Shell :)

Helen Cocks said...

An average week? I hope not. Congratulations to you all on your baby boy and I hope Imogen is feeling better today too. Hugs to Kody too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona
Thinking of you all xxxx

Natasha Moraes said...

Hi Fiona, just what you need - more hospital visits!!!

Hope things have calmed down a bit for you all now.

Did you know that the Starlight Foundation also do wish granting? Not sure if they could help?

xxx

Tash

The Light Family said...

Just taking some time to think of you guy's, as I sit here in that all too familiar waiting room, around the corner of the CT scan "theatre". My little man is due to come out of there in about half an hour, so I'm just reflecting on a few things close to my heart, and you guys are one of them!

Sending you my warmest "Congrats" on the birth of your beautiful bubby boy, Ashton. I hope he is thriving and doing well.
At the same time, I'm wondering how Immie is today, and hoping and still praying for that miracle. Sending you all my positive thoughts and special hugs! xxxxx Lyndall