Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sometimes....there's days like this....

So stem cell rescue is over what is next??.....
OK here's where I chime in usually with something positive and witty (come on humour me!!), though not today. I am sure you all know there are some days when you just feel like SCREAMING or maybe just hiding under your doona or maybe just wish that your day was BORING...and normal like pre cancer diagnose. Well all, today for me was that day. The morning was not too bad, everyone slept in, so I got some quiet reflective time doing the dishes, watering the vegetables, disposing of the dog poo...(oooo nice visual), packing the entertainment bag for out patient clinic...you know just normal, and very relaxing stuff (lol).
Then the crew awoke, Kods first, telling me off for letting him sleep in (such a mean mummy) as now he was going to have to rush around. That same mean mummy made his lunch - guess all is forgiven. Then came Jas and Immie, Immie a little grouchy. A mad dash around to attempt to get there early enough for parking at the lucrative Hospital car park. Dropped Kody off, came back picked Immie up and we set off travelling to the PMH resort. Arrived....no parking...paid for parking...down to the ward, finger prick for Full Blood count, Blood centre - flat out, away for coffee ( you would think in a hospital they would have worked out how to administer coffee through an IV drip lol ,we would all be putting our hands up...tho mainly my little sister).
Blood test done back to the ward at about 10am, visited the inpatients and staff, had a gasbag with lots of people including Laura (aka Vivienne) and the gorgeous Damon. Back out to clinic to discover Immie counts are SUPER...smart cookie...Then I asked whether I could just see Maryanne (our oncologist) to organise the removal of the broviac, so that Immie does not have to go through any more dressing changes and can get to swim. Yeah sure.....Off to do the dressing change, with Immie screaming her lungs out (noice : ( ). Come back and there is great discussion about why not all the blood tests that were listed were not done....oh dear...oh we need more blood...and actually can you now stay....sure I say, because there is actually a few things regarding meds that need to be discussed and the broviac removal.
We sit down and gas bag some more this time with some other parents and the fabulous clown doctors, suddenly it's 11.45 and my paid parking runs out in 10 mins. Back to the car to pay for more parking, back to the ward, and we wait...it gets to 1pm, and I get up and tell them we are leaving, as we have other appts (me with the docs about my motor vehicle accident). We are asked can you come back the afternoon...ahhh no...tomorrow, possibly, but we have two appts one is to consent to the radiation and has to been done without Immie there - no distractions( after all the chemo and meds that have been pumped into Immie their is fat chance of us not consenting to the mop up team aka radiation for Immie's cancer). Oh just bring her here (to the hospital) and we will put her in a isolation room by HERSELF and then come back and pick her up after you do the consent....ahhh NO, there is FAT chance of that happening. Sometimes I wonder...Immie would be "what the?"..you have never left me by myself at the hospital before but now you leave me there.....god knows what that little brain would think.
We also got told today that.....Immie should not really be rushing to go back to Kindy (naughty mummy), or any huge public place...or go anywhere with no shoes on, or have a kitten, (and some other stuff...stopped listening after the no kitten) we have to be extra vigilant for the NEXT SIX MONTHS!!!......argh!!!. My heart was breaking for her, after all she has been through we are meant to keep her in a bubble...I will never be able to protect her from the worse sickness or disease...being cancer (or so I thought).
Anyway back home....ranting and raving....I just have had enough...off to the Docs who has referred me to another physio...because I have time between the dishes washing and disposing of dog poo.
Then home to help Granma, prep Kodys for his PEAC presentation next week, art art art...and then Kody to music...oh..where is your book..ohhh I have not had that for weeks....what are you actually learning at music....oh this and that...(now that restored my faith in the four terms we have been sending him there). Oh he could remember one song.....when the saints go marching in ....is that the only song music teachers teach!!!!. Don't worry, Granma went and sorted the teacher, who has only come on this term, and changed the starting times three times now.
Now I am back home having a big glass of bundy and coke...now that's NOICE!!!! thanks husband...
Sorry for the whinge.....but sometimes its necessary
love ya all
Fiona
P.S.
Enrolled in Uni yesterday, while Immie went back for afternoon kindy (yeap came home for the feed then went back - super girl I tell you). First semester - three units, second semester - five units (the norm is four), hey whats a little stress, unfortunately because I have had so much time off...it maybe what I have to do...oooo don't come near me then...you have been warned lol....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So many wee ones suffering. I came here through your link on Kyah's page...I am off to the beginning of your story...