Friday, November 14, 2008

The answer...

I sit here listening to the Immie...chanting I do believe in Fairies...maybe a little tooo much Peter Pan....hey whats the harm???...I am so grateful too listen to her chanting....
We went to clinic on Thursday, we arrived at about 11am and were informed that there was no one to see us because it was BIG Meeting Day...or goldfish bowl meeting (as I have meintioned previously). OHHHHHHHH...I said then started to cry....I had not felt emotional prior to coming, but suddenly the whole almost two years of Wednesday clinic became just TOO much. Fabulous Sister Lee, was not sure what to do with me. Suddenly Dr Bendict was made avaliable, in we went and then I just started bawling (not sure where that came from). I began going on about how Wednesday clinics are just soooo CRAP!!!!...we could not even get a chair to sit. I'lI will be writng a letter to Cathy Cole (the boss), about how unfortunately we all don't want to acknowedge it but the one clinic on Wednesday morning is getting too small for all the tumor kids. I hate it, it is crappy to see all those kids, waiting, bored to bits, they should be out enjoying life when they are not in hospital.
Anyway after me ranting and raving...I settled down then I had everyone asking how I was....now that was a little toooo much. After unblocking the ng tube and getting the form into for requesting the broviac removal, we left, to walk to the car and wait for Granma. My mum watched Immie while we went to Charlies for consent for Radiation beginning on Monday.
Cathy the liaison officer, arrived to be a third person in the room in case we had questions. I am think she may have thought she pulled the short straw when I started going on about the miscommunication and mismanagement of Wednesday clinic, and other polices on the ward. Now don't get me wrong I am eternally grateful for all they have done for our Immie, I can just see so many ways that would make their job and our journey's so much easier.
We went into see Mandy Taylor, radiation sounds on paper and word like a walk in the park. Immie is only having radiation to her middle, the long term effect could mean she is a little shorter, a lot less side effects then chemo or mega therapy. We have heard stories of masks and being bolted to the table when radiation is involved, we are grateful for Immie's little exposure. Radiation will help be the mop up mob for Immie's cancer, whipping those cells even thinking of being cancer, sounds great to us.
Immie went to kindy today for half the day, I ensured that there were no snotty kids or chicken pox kids, and ensured the relief know what we had to be made aware of. Jas and I decided we can't keep her wrapped up in cotton wool, and she is craving other kids (mums not quite cutting it). Kindy twice a week, will be enough to kerp that craving. We also had a K-I-T-T-E-N lined up prior to finding out it was not a good thing, through my cousin Karly. We have decided to stay with that plan, but wait till Christmas to have it living full time at our house. Immie will then be almost three months out of stem cell, we can't keep the beautiful girl, locked away from everything she has wanted for so long. Everyone she sees she tells "I am getting a kitten for Christmas"
Here's to making many happy memories leading up to the Christmas season
Love you all
Fiona and the Gang

0 comments: