Friday, July 18, 2008

How does this happen : (

I have been laying awake for the last hour, awoken by a pain in my heart that I wish I never had to feel, worse then any broken romance or crush career dream. The last few days have been a rough road to travel...for the baby boy who was labelled by the nurses on 3b as the boy to marry our daughter, Imogen and the bravest and one of the most inspiration kids I ever known,
Blake Cahill, has relapsed and been taken home to spend the rest of his days with his incredible family.

I have struggled with this for days after only seeing him at clinic 11 days ago running around and full of life, I then arrived at the hospital on Wednesday to see him with Cherrie, broken and hurting. This brave lil man, as taught me and many more so many lessons, he has battled against the odds and fought so very hard for time with his loving and fantastic family. We have been truely blessed and so very lucky to have become life friends with Cherrie, Dean, Kai and Blake, and to have been able to spent time with them and at times offer them love and support in this crazy mixed up world of childhood cancer.

I know many of you will be worried about how this will be effecting me, and pushing me to be strong. Encouraging me to not let it pull me down as I have be strong to help Immie fight and battle the beast soon, with the same treatment that Blake and also lil Josh who too has gone home with his family to live out the rest of his days. Though I don't think it would be human of me not to be able to relate and feel their pain, especially when travelling together the hardest road side by side on the ward, via phone, via email and when visiting.I know Cherrie has helped support me, especially over the last few months of relapsed, so now is my time to supported her and grieve for her and her family of this horrific time for them all.

I will continue to be strong and help and love our beautful girl every step of the way, and continue to have the faith that one day we will be years away from any cancer treatment never to return to 3b and living and loving a beautiful girl, who will be able to enjoy all lifes journeys. Though I will never forget the children who have inspired me to cherish my children, my husband , my family and my life, were every we may be.

So please for me take the time to give your kids or love ones that extra hug or kiss, and tell them what they mean to you,and if you wish you could leave a message on Blakes or Joshs website about how their lifes have touch you and made you realise how special life is xx

http://tinyearthangels.com/babyblake.html for Blake
http://amazingflyingwizzys.blogspot.com/2008/07/one-step-forwards-and-whopping-great.html for Josh

Love, Hugs and Kisses
Jason, Fiona, Kody and Immie Holmes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Fiona,
Immie looks like a cheeky monkey to me ☺ I am so moved by your story and situation and wish I had a special magic wand - but I don't so I will keep sending you all warm fuzzies, butterfly kisses, fairy dust and sunny days ♥
Love from Lake Grace
Nadene

Anonymous said...

Hi Immie,
It's Joshie! I just had my very first day at kindy and it was awesome!!! I got to play trucks and egg and spoon races and mum and dad said they were so proud of what a big boy I am growing into.

I hope the nurses are being kind to you, say hi to Clare, Shirley and Jess if you see them around. I am coming to Perth again on the 28th so the stinky ENT doctor can have a look in my sore ear and I get to have testing at WA Institute for Deaf Education too, sounds fun!!!

Mum says you have been such a brave girl lately I just wanted to give you a big hug (not a kiss tho, girl germs and all that...) and say I am proud of you for fighting so hard and enjoying life.

It's Anika's birthday soon and she says she will send you a party bag. I hope you like it.

Love and hugs,

Josh.