Monday, August 01, 2011

Artwork

Even when I think I could not find any more of Imogen's amazing drawings and letter ramblings (she never got to the stage of understanding how to put words together), I do.

Today it has been 15 months without her here...which is just unbelievable. There is many times lately I have wondered whether her existence was just a wonderful dream. An enchanting dream of a beautiful smiley girl, who constantly stole your heart and made it sing.

Today I cleaned through the draw of scrap paper as Ashton has started to investigate the world of drawing and stickering. Amongst these papers laid more of Imogen's artwork, a drawing of me and her. I know this as there along the top was written our names - Imogen Mum, a stick picture of us surrounded by kiss crosses. I then ploughed through the scrap paper drawer and found more, needless to say the tears were running by then. This gift from her is a double edged sword, beautiful drawings and random words, make you think of what she would be able to do by now.

I have added the drawings and random words to the pile. I want to find a way to store them that would preserve them, any suggestions? There is a lot, I can't bear to part with one piece of paper, regardless of how it is cut, stickered or drawn on...

Let me know if you can think of a way to organise these priceless gifts.

Love Luckiest Mum to four beautiful kids xxxxx

9 comments:

Kimmie said...

Laminate them and use them as placemats?

Hugs

Kimmie
x

Bronwyn V said...

For smaller pieces of artwork (a4 or under) that my daughter made, I put them into clear plastic sleeves in ring binders and wrote the year and/or grade in the slip of paper tucked in the spine.

For larger creations, I have like one of those large zip portfolio folders for art students.

and for my fav pieces, i used to have a lovely large bit of fabric with a rod thru a hem in the top and bottom and a chord for hanging and I pinned favs on here and used to rotate them from time to time with pieces from the ring binder or portfolia

Bronwyn V said...

I must say too.. what wonderful treasure to have and keep! :-))))

Anonymous said...

You can use those big A5 clear sleeve art folders that Kindy classes use for their workbooks? Alternatively what I have done is got 2 large sheets of soft card (still a bit form)stapled them together and you have a large storage area to fir quite a lot of artwork. It sort of makes a pocket in the middle if that makes sense. Alternatively again a large crate or box will keep it safe and dry and maybe special pieces in a plastic sleeved folder.
Trace

Anne said...

I have my first drawing from Grandson and I will get it laminated.
Sending many thoughts your way

Sharonvb said...

Hi Fee.... oh how you must both love and dread finding things like that.... dread only for the rush of emotion that you must feel...but oh the joy that Immie still finds ways to give you a tap and the shoulder and tell you how much she loves you.... how special :)

As a scrapbooker, my instinct is to say that... I would preserve all of Immies precious artwork in pH safe/acid free albums, where you can enjoy them whenever you like..you dont have to "do" anything to them, its just somewhere safe to put them... I would also scan or photograph it all so that you can save copies digitally, same as with your photos...just to be safe..

Sending you lots of love xoxoxox

Magz said...

Just wondering if there was such a thing - maybe that could scan your absolute favorites (and I know they all would be) and have them printed on material to be made into a nice cuddly blanky to snuggle in. xoxoxo

Kimmie said...

My suggestion would be to laminate some to use as placemats at your dinner table :]

Anonymous said...

I would buy a glass top dining table and copy all of the pictures and put the under the glass like a collage so it fills the whole table.Then you will have it as a display also.

Jaye (QLD)