Sunday, May 01, 2011

A year...to us another missed day with you.



A year without you......impossible to comprehend.

We love you babycakes,

Love Dad, Mum, Kods, Ash and Sunshine


We are connected,
My daughter and I,
by An invisible cord
Not seen by the eye.

It's not like the cord
That connects us 'til birth
This cord can't be seen
By any on earth.

This cord does it's work
Right from the start.
It binds us together
Attached to my heart.

I know it's there,
Tho no one can see
This invisible cord
From my daughter to me.

The strength of this cord
Is hard to describe
It can't be destroyed,
It can't be denied.

It's stronger than any cord
One could create
It withstands the test
Can hold any weight.

And though you're gone
Though you're not here with me,
The cord is still there
Though no one can see.

It pulls at my heart,
I am bruised...I am sore,
But this cord is my lifeline
As never before.

I am thankful that God
Connects us this way
A mother and child
Death can't take it away! -
Unknown

14 comments:

Unknown said...

A hard day for you all and I bet you get some funny tales told to you when you visit you darling daughter and letting those balloons fly free into the sky.
Maybe a butterfly will come and visit also.

Kimmie said...

Gorgeous Angel Immie we carry you in our hearts.

xxx

Anonymous said...

Sending love, I am struggling with nearly 3 weeks. A year seems like an eternity.

Thinking of you all xxxx

Estelle said...

Jason and Fiona, Cody and Ashton,I know that today is a hard one for you all and we are thinking of you today and always. Immie"s beautiful smile will continue to lighten up any dark day. Memories never fade.
Love to you all
XOXOXOX
The Walkers

Jo said...

I'm sorry I didn't drop by here this morning, I only just realised the date. Hope you are doing well and that the butterfly came for a visit.

She's watching you as always.

love and kisses.

Jo
xxooxxoo

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all today. Love and best wishes
The Whittome family

Helen Cocks said...

Darking Imogen. Forever in our hearts together with all her precious family. xxx

Helen Cocks said...

Darling Imogen. Forever in our hearts together with all her precious family. xxx

Julie said...

I've never met any of you, I live the other side of the world. I came across your blog by accident, and I 'know' you all only through reading it.
But today I am thinking of you all and of your gorgeous girl, and her wonderful smile.

The French Family said...

Cannot believe it has been a year, thinking of you all.
xxx
The French Family

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all with having past the 1 year mark of Immie leaving this earth to be an angel.

Just heard the wonderful news of another angel..............
Baby Nicholas. Congrats to you all.
I bet Immie had a sneak peak at her new baby brother too :)

What lovely news.
Heard it from SS.
Nothing is secret on there :)

xx Jaye SS(QLD)

Millie said...

Congratulations on the birth of Nicholas Jude, a very special Guardian Angel is watching over you. Enjoy your new little man, Fee and Family.

Big Hugs

Millie xx

Sheree Roberts said...

what a lovely poem! Sorry I'm just posting in now as we were away for the school holidays. Always checking in, can't believe it's a year now miss Immie! Hope your keeping a close eye on your beautiful family & can't wait to hear of the new addition!

Love to you all xxx

Millie said...

I think of you often Immie and thank you for all of life's lessons you have taught me, fly free little lady. Millie xx