Thursday, June 24, 2010

Imogen's Corner


Hi


Lastly for this week I had to share the Take one version of what we have placed on Imogen’s corner (like Winnie the Pooh’s corner : D) at Pinnaroo.


This was something that Jason and I constructed as we couldn’t keep looking at a piece of wood with HOLMES ZA159 printed on it.


It use to drive me mental when Imogen was in hospital and they would ask me what her number was, I would always answered back that she was not a number to me, so if they wanted to know her number they better go check her file…even to this day I would not have a clue what her full hospital number was.


Now hoping not to offend anyone, but we really did not like the brass plaques or the cost of them…eekkk. Luckily because Immie is in Zamia court (where it is all just children) at Pinnaroo the rules are more flexible there. Though we are unable to have a glass plaque because the lawn mower may drive over it (don’t even get me started on that thought). So we have used a combination of plastics, pavers etc.


Though this won’t be the finally one, as my mum and I are in the process of organising another style, we are very happy to finally have something to show the world how beautiful our girl was to us.



Love and Angel Kisses

Fiona, Jason, Kody, Imogen and Ashton

9 comments:

Deqlan said...

how beautiful, always in our prayers and thoughts

Kimmie said...

Oh Fi I love what you have done, just lovely. I adore the whimsical additions. Tis fit for a princess :]

Squishy hugs

Kimmie
x

Anonymous said...

Fee, you have done an increadible job, it looks great. I love that photo of the gorgeous Miss Immie!
Cherie
x

calypso designs said...

love it x

Millie said...

Just beautiful, Just perfect :O) xx

Unknown said...

Fee I love that you and Jason made this for Immie's corner. I am sure much love as well as sorrow went into the placing of each little bit.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona & Family, still thinking of you guys and hoping you are holding on through each of these early days.

Sometimes, when I imagine what you are going through, the grief is overwhelming and I can't bear it.

How tragic and yet how good that they have a dedicated section in a cemetary for children only. I hope that some of the people you see there can comfort you - and you them.

This isn't flowing as well as I'd like, all I wanted you to know was that we haven't forgotten, it feels like the world continues without a pause, but I assure you..many have been moved by your Immie and she is not forgotten, nor will the lessons she taught us be unlearnt.

Thankyou. Love from Angela (SS)

Anonymous said...

Dear Fiona and Jason,

Leaving a comment on a guest book is not something I'd prefer as there's always more to share than I feel a guest book gives the personal space for. Still, I am sorry that no one has commented on the beautiful corner you created for your Immie. I absolutely LOVE it and am thrilled you created a spot where people can even see the spunk of your precious daughter. Immie touched my heart in ways very few people in life do, and so have the two of you as well as your gorgeous sons. As much as Imogen's Corner is beautiful to show the world, I truly hope it will be a spot you like to spend time at and feel the presence of your little girl ever so closely and tangibly. My heart aches for you but I am very thankful that you have such loving friends and loved ones near you to help you through this time. I know Kody and Ashton are beacons for you in many ways. Kody was an awesome big brother to his precious sister, and I regret that Ashton's memories of his big sister did not stretch any further, but I know through your stories, Immie's Corner, pieces Immie has left behind will continue to build memories for Ashton. Although the loss of Immie is painful beyond words, and although I do not wish this pain on you in any ways, I am so thankful that Immie had you as her parents...

Thank you for still writing on your blog from time to time as you continue to extend to the world how very special Imogen was...

I will continue to pray for you!
Love, Angela Hoogland - USA

Unknown said...

You have made Immie's Corner so beautiful,a snapshot of how much this little cherub meant to you all. Bless you, strength & happiness to all the family, especially over the school holiday break - hope you are filling the days with keeping busy & many happy moments!! Love to all from Kerry. xx